Creating beautiful books just got better: Vellum 2.1 is here!
More Social Profiles
Your About the Author page can now include buttons for Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, and more. Want your paperback readers to find you too? In your print edition, you can show the web address next to each icon.
More Title Page Options
There’s a lot more in Vellum 2.1:
Get it Now
Vellum 2.0.6 is a minor update with several improvements, including:
- When using macOS High Sierra, cover images are no longer cut off in Vellum’s Preview
- Fixed cases where italics or font choices could cause unbalanced spreads in print
- Improved inaccurate Paragraph After Break previews in Vellum’s Style Carousel
- Replaced problematic style declarations for inline images in Kindle ebooks
- To avoid warnings from KDP, removed all uses of line-height from Kindle ebooks
Vellum 2.0.6 is a free update, available now.
Today, Apple released High Sierra, the latest update to macOS. Most of High Sierra’s enhancements are “under the hood,” so you won’t see many differences in Vellum. High Sierra did, however, introduce some compatibility issues that we’ve addressed with recent updates.
Before you update to High Sierra, then, make sure you first update to the latest version of Vellum (2.0.5).
And if you experience any issues that seem like they’re related to High Sierra, please let us know!
Creating a book with photographs or illustrations? With Vellum 2.0.5, your print edition can now include images in color. Use Print Settings to control their appearance.
This update also includes a fix for potential problems with drop caps and short, quoted paragraphs. Paragraphs like these could render incorrectly on Nook and on Kindle with Amazon’s Enhanced Typesetting applied.
Vellum 2.0.5 is a free update, available now.
Vellum 2.0.4 is a minor update with several improvements, including:
- The Navigator is again functional in the latest betas of macOS High Sierra
- Generic EPUB has been altered to avoid layout issues with Scribd
- Files imported from a server no longer affect responsiveness of Vellum’s File menu
- Improvements to Automatic Layout for Print:
- Fixed issue where a small font size could result in an unbalanced spread
- Fixed cases where a chapter with images could have a missing last page
- Altered runt prevention to avoid creating excessive spacing within a line of text
- In books without indentation, fixed issue where a paragraph could have extra spacing
Vellum 2.0.4 is a free update, available now.
Vellum 2.0.3 is a minor update with several small improvements, including:
- Reimport Word File is back and better than ever: added front and back matter is left in place, and it’s now undoable
- Subhead size now adjusts when the print font size changes
- Updated Chroma colors to adhere to accessibility guidelines
- Added Edit > Substitutions > Smart Links menu item to control automatic link creation
- Addressed potential problems with automatic layout for print:
- Fixed rare case where Vellum could cut off the last few lines of a chapter
- In books without indentation, fixed issue where a paragraph at the bottom of a page could be incorrectly positioned
Vellum 2.0.3 is a free update, available now.
Vellum 2.0.2 is a minor update with several small improvements, including:
- A new Header and Footer style allows you to create Print editions without headers
- Page numbers are no longer shown for Uncategorized frontmatter
- iBooks now displays the correct fonts on your Title Page when viewing Generic EPUB
- Extremely wide heading images no longer extend beyond the page in print
- Printing isn’t flipped when using macOS 10.13 Beta (High Sierra)
- Addressed issue where Amazon’s Enhanced Typesetting would incorrectly align some chapter titles and subtitles
Vellum 2.0.2 is a free update, available now.
Get ready to create beautiful paperbacks.
Vellum 2.0 is here!
Setup in Seconds
Vellum 2.0 makes creating a print edition of your book as effortless as creating an ebook.
Select your book’s trim size and Vellum automatically numbers the pages of your book, creates page headers, and performs advanced layout like widow prevention and spread balancing.
You’ll have a professional-grade interior with just a few clicks.
Ready to Publish
Early testers used Vellum 2.0 to publish hundreds of paperback and hardcover books, making use of CreateSpace, IngramSpark, NOOK Press, and KDP’s new paperback option. Here’s what just a few of them had to say:
“I love it so much!”
— Avery Flynn USA Today bestselling author
“Creating a beautiful print book in a few clicks is awesome!”
— Zara Keane USA Today bestselling author
— Sara Rosett USA Today bestselling author
Get it Now
Creating print versions of your book is only available with the new Vellum Press package. If you previously purchased an ebook package, you’ll be offered the chance to upgrade to Vellum Press the next time you Generate. You can also open Purchases in the Vellum menu.