Vellum 2.1.2 addresses these issues:
- Corrected the size of the Kindred flourish in Generic EPUB
- Fixed problems opening some files saved with Vellum 2.0
This release is a free update, available now.
Vellum 2.1.1 addresses issues with previewing and generating books in Vellum 2.1. This release is a free update, available now.
Creating beautiful books just got better: Vellum 2.1 is here!
More Social Profiles
Your About the Author page can now include buttons for Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, and more. Want your paperback readers to find you too? In your print edition, you can show the web address next to each icon.
More Title Page Options
You now have complete control over the position of your book’s Title Page. Have a custom image you’d rather use instead? Use the new Full Page Image element to replace Vellum’s Title Page.
There’s a lot more in Vellum 2.1:
- Add a Half Title to the front of your book
- Choose style options for Verse
- Keep lines of a Block Quotation on the same page
- Change the location of your Table of Contents
- Use the Kindred style without any ornament
- Quickly discover an element’s type
- Generate EPUB files twice as fast
- And much more!
Get it Now
Vellum 2.1 is a free update. To get it, use Check for Updates in the Vellum menu. Or download and install Vellum from vellum.pub.
Vellum 2.0.7 fixes an issue with the previous release that caused Vellum’s Preview to be blank in early versions of macOS Sierra.
This release is a free update, available now.
Vellum 2.0.6 is a minor update with several improvements, including:
- When using macOS High Sierra, cover images are no longer cut off in Vellum’s Preview
- Fixed cases where italics or font choices could cause unbalanced spreads in print
- Improved inaccurate Paragraph After Break previews in Vellum’s Style Carousel
- Replaced problematic style declarations for inline images in Kindle ebooks
- To avoid warnings from KDP, removed all uses of line-height from Kindle ebooks
Vellum 2.0.6 is a free update, available now.
Today, Apple released High Sierra, the latest update to macOS. Most of High Sierra’s enhancements are “under the hood,” so you won’t see many differences in Vellum. High Sierra did, however, introduce some compatibility issues that we’ve addressed with recent updates.
Before you update to High Sierra, then, make sure you first update to the latest version of Vellum (2.0.5).
And if you experience any issues that seem like they’re related to High Sierra, please let us know!
Creating a book with photographs or illustrations? With Vellum 2.0.5, your print edition can now include images in color. Use Print Settings to control their appearance.
This update also includes a fix for potential problems with drop caps and short, quoted paragraphs. Paragraphs like these could render incorrectly on Nook and on Kindle with Amazon’s Enhanced Typesetting applied.
Vellum 2.0.5 is a free update, available now.
Vellum 2.0.4 is a minor update with several improvements, including:
- The Navigator is again functional in the latest betas of macOS High Sierra
- Generic EPUB has been altered to avoid layout issues with Scribd
- Files imported from a server no longer affect responsiveness of Vellum’s File menu
- Improvements to Automatic Layout for Print:
- Fixed issue where a small font size could result in an unbalanced spread
- Fixed cases where a chapter with images could have a missing last page
- Altered runt prevention to avoid creating excessive spacing within a line of text
- In books without indentation, fixed issue where a paragraph could have extra spacing
Vellum 2.0.4 is a free update, available now.
Vellum 2.0.3 is a minor update with several small improvements, including:
- Reimport Word File is back and better than ever: added front and back matter is left in place, and it’s now undoable
- Subhead size now adjusts when the print font size changes
- Updated Chroma colors to adhere to accessibility guidelines
- Added Edit > Substitutions > Smart Links menu item to control automatic link creation
- Addressed potential problems with automatic layout for print:
- Fixed rare case where Vellum could cut off the last few lines of a chapter
- In books without indentation, fixed issue where a paragraph at the bottom of a page could be incorrectly positioned
Vellum 2.0.3 is a free update, available now.
You’ll need a Mac running El Capitan or Sierra to use Vellum 2.0.3.
Vellum 2.0.2 is a minor update with several small improvements, including:
- A new Header and Footer style allows you to create Print editions without headers
- Page numbers are no longer shown for Uncategorized frontmatter
- iBooks now displays the correct fonts on your Title Page when viewing Generic EPUB
- Extremely wide heading images no longer extend beyond the page in print
- Printing isn’t flipped when using macOS 10.13 Beta (High Sierra)
- Addressed issue where Amazon’s Enhanced Typesetting would incorrectly align some chapter titles and subtitles
Vellum 2.0.2 is a free update, available now.
You’ll need a Mac running El Capitan or Sierra to use Vellum 2.0.2