Vellum 2.0.6 is a minor update with several improvements, including:
- When using macOS High Sierra, cover images are no longer cut off in Vellum’s Preview
- Fixed cases where italics or font choices could cause unbalanced spreads in print
- Improved inaccurate Paragraph After Break previews in Vellum’s Style Carousel
- Replaced problematic style declarations for inline images in Kindle ebooks
- To avoid warnings from KDP, removed all uses of line-height from Kindle ebooks
Vellum 2.0.6 is a free update, available now.
Today, Apple released High Sierra, the latest update to macOS. Most of High Sierra’s enhancements are “under the hood,” so you won’t see many differences in Vellum. High Sierra did, however, introduce some compatibility issues that we’ve addressed with recent updates.
Before you update to High Sierra, then, make sure you first update to the latest version of Vellum (2.0.5).
And if you experience any issues that seem like they’re related to High Sierra, please let us know!
Creating a book with photographs or illustrations? With Vellum 2.0.5, your print edition can now include images in color. Use Print Settings to control their appearance.
This update also includes a fix for potential problems with drop caps and short, quoted paragraphs. Paragraphs like these could render incorrectly on Nook and on Kindle with Amazon’s Enhanced Typesetting applied.
Vellum 2.0.5 is a free update, available now.
Vellum 2.0.4 is a minor update with several improvements, including:
- The Navigator is again functional in the latest betas of macOS High Sierra
- Generic EPUB has been altered to avoid layout issues with Scribd
- Files imported from a server no longer affect responsiveness of Vellum’s File menu
- Improvements to Automatic Layout for Print:
- Fixed issue where a small font size could result in an unbalanced spread
- Fixed cases where a chapter with images could have a missing last page
- Altered runt prevention to avoid creating excessive spacing within a line of text
- In books without indentation, fixed issue where a paragraph could have extra spacing
Vellum 2.0.4 is a free update, available now.
Vellum 2.0.3 is a minor update with several small improvements, including:
- Reimport Word File is back and better than ever: added front and back matter is left in place, and it’s now undoable
- Subhead size now adjusts when the print font size changes
- Updated Chroma colors to adhere to accessibility guidelines
- Added Edit > Substitutions > Smart Links menu item to control automatic link creation
- Addressed potential problems with automatic layout for print:
- Fixed rare case where Vellum could cut off the last few lines of a chapter
- In books without indentation, fixed issue where a paragraph at the bottom of a page could be incorrectly positioned
Vellum 2.0.3 is a free update, available now.
You’ll need a Mac running El Capitan or Sierra to use Vellum 2.0.3.
Vellum 2.0.2 is a minor update with several small improvements, including:
- A new Header and Footer style allows you to create Print editions without headers
- Page numbers are no longer shown for Uncategorized frontmatter
- iBooks now displays the correct fonts on your Title Page when viewing Generic EPUB
- Extremely wide heading images no longer extend beyond the page in print
- Printing isn’t flipped when using macOS 10.13 Beta (High Sierra)
- Addressed issue where Amazon’s Enhanced Typesetting would incorrectly align some chapter titles and subtitles
Vellum 2.0.2 is a free update, available now.
You’ll need a Mac running El Capitan or Sierra to use Vellum 2.0.2
We’re excited to share that Vellum 2.0 will be available on June 1, 2017!
Love creating ebooks in Vellum? Creating books for print will be just as easy. With just a few clicks, you will have a beautiful interior ready for services like CreateSpace and IngramSpark.
Vellum 2.0 will offer these options:
|Create Unlimited Ebooks + Paperbacks
|Create Unlimited Ebooks
|Upgrade to Vellum Press
|From Vellum Unlimited or Vellum Ebooks
You can also upgrade to Vellum Press from a 10-book package for $179.99, or from a 1-book package for $229.99.
Upgrading to Vellum Press is optional. You can still produce ebooks in Vellum 2.0, and can upgrade to Vellum Press whenever you want to add paperbacks to your library.
Vellum 2.0 will require macOS El Capitan or Sierra.
We’re hard at work putting the final touches on this release, and can’t wait to get it to you!
Vellum 1.4.2 includes changes to work around problems with Amazon’s Enhanced Typesetting feature.
In eBooks with Enhanced Typesetting enabled, some chapter headings were improperly centered, and drop caps beginning with a quote could display blank pages. This update adjusts Vellum’s Kindle-specific output to avoid both of these issues.
Vellum 1.4.2 is a free update, available now.
Vellum 1.4.1 is now available and includes the following minor changes:
- The MacBook Pro TouchBar can now be used to insert autocomplete suggestions in the Text Editor.
- Improved appearance of About the Author connect section when seen in Amazon’s older mobi7 format.
- Text of a Verse text feature is never justified. Lists are no longer justified when seen on Kindle.
- Kindred drop caps are better positioned when a reader changes away from Publisher Font on Paperwhite, Voyage, or Oasis e-readers.
- Volumes and Parts can no longer be created without chapters inside. Select the chapters you wish to include and use Create Volume from Selection or Create Part from Selection, available from the Chapter menu. Read more in Creating Parts and Volumes.
Vellum 1.4.1 is a free update, available now.
Note: We briefly released 1.4 before discovering an issue with using Bold / Italic / Underline controls. We’ve addressed this with 1.4.1.