Happy 2024! A new year is the perfect time to reflect on the changes since last year. So in case you missed them, here are some of the new features we added to Vellum in 2023:
Store Links with Amazon Attribution
To start the year, we added support for Amazon Attributions, a new system for rich analytics from Amazon. Because they’re integrated with Vellum’s Store Links, these links are only included in your Kindle edition, and will automatically direct a reader to the correct Amazon storefront for their country.
Also in 2023
In addition to these major features, we also made these improvements:
- New Generation Settings include the option to append date to filenames
- When typing, Undo now changes whole words (rather than single letters)
- The Text Editor can use a light background when in Dark Mode
- Exported Word files are tailored for Import
- An Inline Image can be marked as ebook-only or print-only
- You can control clarified scene breaks at the top/bottom of the page
More to Come!
All of these features were released in 2023 as free updates. You can make sure you have access to them using Check for Updates. (Current versions of Vellum require macOS Big Sur or newer.)
We have more to come in 2024. As always, the features we add are inspired by your feedback, so if you have an idea for something that will make it even easier to create beautiful books, let us know!