Vellum is now optimized for Apple’s M1, the chip found in new Macs arriving later this week.
Vellum 2.8.2 is a universal app, so it will run natively on both existing Macs and on those using the new M1. And on the M1, Vellum is fast, with significant speedups for importing, previewing, and generating books. If you’ve purchased a new Mac, be sure to update to Vellum 2.8.2, available now.
Apple has released macOS Big Sur, featuring a brand new look for your Mac. If you upgrade your Mac to Big Sur, make sure you’re running the latest version of Vellum (2.8.1), which has been updated for this new release of macOS. You can do that using Check for Updates.
Apple also announced brand new Macs featuring the all-new M1 processor. If you’re planning to purchase one of these new models, you can look forward to a version of Vellum optimized for the M1, coming early next week.
Update 11/17/20: Vellum 2.8.2 is now available, and is optimized for the M1.
Vellum 2.8.1 is a minor update with the following improvements:
- Fixed problem with Reimport recognizing previous file
- “Search with Google” command in Text Editor is again functional
- Improved behavior of tab key in Store Links
- Corrected selection and ebook preview of endnotes
- More improvements to compatibility with macOS Big Sur
This release is a free update, available now.